Bonaire Dive Adventure Trip Oct 19-26, 2019
Key Largo Dive Center’s Bonaire Dive Adventure Trip Oct 19-26, 2019
$886 per person/double occupancy.
Join Key Largo Dive Center as we take another trip to one of our favorite Caribbean destinations, Bonaire. Our package accommodations begin Saturday October 19, 2019, and we depart on Saturday October 26th. This package does not include airfare.
Bonaire is unique in that most of its dive sites are easily accessible from the shore. Sites are marked with large yellow painted rocks with the name of the dive site. You pull up to the dive site parking spot along the shore , sit on the tailgate of your pickup to slip on your BCD, take a few steps into the water, kick a few kicks and you are on the reef.
We will be staying at the world famous Buddy Dive Resort in Bonaire. The accommodations are nice and convenient and consist of three bathroom apartments with a shared living room and kitchen. The apartments feature individual air conditioning units in each bedroom. Each apartment will have two pickup trucks assigned to it and this allows great flexibility in scheduling. We will plan on doing dives together but the flexibility of having multiple vehicles allows us to select different dive locations and to dive at different dives. Unlike a dive boat there is no fixed time schedule and you may dive as many dives per day as your dive computer safely allows you to do depending on depth, etc.
Included in the Drive & Dive Package
- 7 nights in selected accommodation
- 7 days rental vehicle
- 6 days of unlimited shore diving.
- Free Nitrox Upgrade
- American style breakfast buffet daily
- Welcome drink
- Free Wifi
- “Manager´s Rum Punch Party”
- Airport transfers
- All government taxes
Option: Additional boat diving is also available “a la carte”.
The island is served by several airlines: American Airlines via Miami, United offers weekly nonstops from Houston and Newark, and Delta has weekly flights from Atlanta. We don’t recommend Insel Air or Aruba Air if they happen to still be flying even if the flights are free.
We will loosely put together a schedule for everyone in order that we can shuffle vehicles as needed to accommodate various desires. A few typical dive day scenarios may look like this:
- 9:00 AM Dive
- 11:00 AM Dive then break for lunch.
- 2:00 PM Dive
- 4:00 PM Dive then dinner.
- 7:00 Optional night dive
You have the opportunity to skip dives, add dives, your choice. Our air/nitrox provider has drive through air stations. Typically you will load up two tanks per diver into the truck and after you use your tanks just drive through and drop off your used tanks, replace them with two new tanks, then drive off to your next dive site.
I have been shore diving in Bonaire approximately six different times now and it is always easy, convenient, and fun. We have approximately 18 positions available for this trip. Room choices/assignments will be by order of deposits received.
Here is a breakdown of the pricing for this trip:
- $812.73 p/p Basic Drive & Dive package price based upon double occupancy. (cash or check price. Credit cards add 4%) This is a great bargain made possible because of our ability to lock in the nice 3 bedroom apartments.
- Plus $34.00 p/p Vehicle change from one van per 3/room apt to 2 pickups per apartment
- Plus $39.00 p/p Insurance for vehicles which isn’t included in the base price. (no insurance-you pay for the replacement cost of the vehicle before they let you leave the island).
- $885.73 Total cost p/p double occupancy not including airfare which is the responsibility of the diver. Plan to arrive and check in after 3:00 pm on Oct 19 and check out before 12:00 pm on Oct 26, 2019. Transfers to and from the airport to the hotel are provided. Rental vehicles are at the resort.
Deposit $500 per diver to lock in your spot. Deposits are non-refundable (resort policy, not mine). Balance due by June 1, 2019. You can make monthly payments on the balance if you choose (after paying the deposit) in order to spread out the balance as long as it is paid in full by June 1, 2019. All payments are to be made to Key Largo Dive Center.
Note: there is no non-diver cost. Since there is no dive boat, and nitrox/air is complimentary, and non-divers will be using the vehicles to travel for meals and shopping, the non-diver cost is the same.
Here are a few pics of the nice 3 bedroom/3 bathroom apartments where we will be staying as well as some other fun photos from our previous dive trip to Bonaire.
The numbers represented above are to be used as an estimate for the dive trips discussed. The above Estimate in no way constitutes a warranty of final price. Estimates are subject to change. All clerical errors are subject to correction.
Apartment photos copyright Buddy Dive Bonaire.
Underwater photos copyright Key Largo Dive Center